GetFeatureOfInterest SOS 1.0.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

GetFeatureOfInterest SOS 1.0.0

Hergest
When doing this "GetFeatureOfInterest" (SOS version 1.0.0):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<GetFeatureOfInterest
    xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/sos/1.0" service="SOS" version="1.0.0"
    xmlns:ows="http://www.opengeospatial.net/ows"
    xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
    xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/sos/1.0  http://schemas.opengis.net/sos/1.0.0/sosGetFeatureOfInterest.xsd">
    <FeatureOfInterestId>44054_1319</FeatureOfInterestId>
</GetFeatureOfInterest>

The response is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<sa:SamplingPoint xmlns:sa="http://www.opengis.net/sampling/1.0" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" gml:id="sf_F3E0B7410909EAAD1E4A96F67BE88E9D5AB99160" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/sampling/1.0 http://schemas.opengis.net/sampling/1.0.0/sampling.xsd http://www.opengis.net/sos/1.0 http://schemas.opengis.net/sos/1.0.0/sosAll.xsd http://www.opengis.net/gml http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.1/base/gml.xsd">
  <gml:name codeSpace="http://www.opengis.net/def/nil/OGC/0/unknown">44054_1319</gml:name>
  <gml:name codeSpace="http://www.opengis.net/def/nil/OGC/0/unknown">Hust</gml:name>
  <sa:sampledFeature xlink:href="urn:ogc:def:nil:OGC:unknown"/>
  <sa:position>
        <gml:Point gml:id="point_sf_F3E0B7410909EAAD1E4A96F67BE88E9D5AB99160">
          <gml:pos srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326">48.18027777 23.27277777</gml:pos>
        </gml:Point>
  </sa:position>
</sa:SamplingPoint>

The problem is gml:id. The correct value must be 44054_1319. Instead, use a random uuid, and add another <gml:name> (there should be only one, the second, this is Hust).

I'm using a custom hibernate mapping.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GetFeatureOfInterest SOS 1.0.0

Carsten Hollmann
Hi,

the GetFeatureOfInterest response is correct.

The identifier of an object could be an URN or URL which contains
character that are not allowed in the gml:id.

To avoid invalid XML documents, the 52N SOS generates a unique gml:id
value and adds the object identifier as first name.

In OGC SOS 2.0 responses the gml:identifier is used for the obejct
identifier.

Best,
Carsten
_______________________________________________
SWE mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/swe
http://sensorweb.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GetFeatureOfInterest SOS 1.0.0

Hergest
Thanks,I'll consider it in the XML parse...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GetFeatureOfInterest SOS 1.0.0

Paul Breen
In reply to this post by Carsten Hollmann
Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the explanation.  It's a timely posting, because I currently
have an open issue on SOS.js related to just this issue.  It seems the
behaviour changed between the 3.x and 4.x series 52N SOS.

I'll include an option to parse the FOI ID from gml:name or gml:id.  I
guess it makes sense to default to parsing from gml:name, assuming that
most people will be using the 4.x series SOS?

Thanks,
Paul.

On 24/04/17 10:06, Carsten Hollmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the GetFeatureOfInterest response is correct.
>
> The identifier of an object could be an URN or URL which contains
> character that are not allowed in the gml:id.
>
> To avoid invalid XML documents, the 52N SOS generates a unique gml:id
> value and adds the object identifier as first name.
>
> In OGC SOS 2.0 responses the gml:identifier is used for the obejct
> identifier.
>
> Best,
> Carsten
> _______________________________________________
> SWE mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/swe
> http://sensorweb.forum.52north.org
> Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
> http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines

--
Paul Breen, Data Manager

British Antarctic Survey
High Cross
Madingley Road
Cambridge
CB3 0ET

Tel : +44 1223 221328
Email : [hidden email]
________________________________
 This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only. NERC is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this email and any reply you make may be disclosed by NERC unless it is exempt from release under the Act. Any material supplied to NERC may be stored in an electronic records management system.
________________________________
_______________________________________________
SWE mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/swe
http://sensorweb.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GetFeatureOfInterest SOS 1.0.0

Carsten Hollmann
Hi Paul,

> It seems the behaviour changed between the 3.x and 4.x series 52N SOS.

That's right.

> I'll include an option to parse the FOI ID from gml:name or gml:id.  I
> guess it makes sense to default to parsing from gml:name, assuming that
> most people will be using the 4.x series SOS?

I do think that by now, most people are using the 52N SOS 4.x series.
In the 52N SOS the first name is the identifier and in future versions
the "codeSpace" of the name would be "uniqueID" to ensure that this name
represents the identifier in OGC SOS 1.0.0 encoding.

Best,
Carsten
_______________________________________________
SWE mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/swe
http://sensorweb.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Loading...