relationship Sensor - FeatureOfInterest and sensor location information

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

relationship Sensor - FeatureOfInterest and sensor location information

sanguinela
Hi Carsten,
 
A question about the relationship between Sensor and FeatureOfInterest and one about sensor location information.

1- In the InsertSensor request you can specify a list of FOIs with  the element <sml:featuresOfInterest> of the SensorML document. Here you can list either the sampling feature or the sampled one, using the xlink:arcrole attribute to distinguish them. But what are, if any, the coded roles to use? And are these FoIs used in any manner  by the 52North software during the insertion of the sensor or the information is held only for information purpose? For what I’ve learnt, you can create a DB structured relationship between sensor and FoI only with an InsertObservation (in the series table), is it true?
2- The SensorML standard permits to specify sensor’s location in different manners: I’m interested in the verbose description way, but it seems to be unsupported yet; is it right?

Best.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: relationship Sensor - FeatureOfInterest and sensor location information

Carsten Hollmann
Hi,

> A question about the relationship between Sensor and FeatureOfInterest and
> one about sensor location information.
>
> 1- In the InsertSensor request you can specify a list of FOIs with  the
> element <sml:featuresOfInterest> of the SensorML document. Here you can list
> either the sampling feature or the sampled one, using the xlink:arcrole
> attribute to distinguish them. But what are, if any, the coded roles to use?
> And are these FoIs used in any manner  by the 52North software during the
> insertion of the sensor or the information is held only for information
> purpose?

No, the FOIs defined in the SesnsorML description are not used by the
52N SOS but the 52N SOS adds the FOIs which are contained and related to
the sensor to the <sml:featuresOfInterest> elements in the response.

SensorML 2.0 was not standardized when teh 52N SOS 4.x was initially
implemented and in SensorML 1.0.1 such an element does not exist.

> For what I’ve learnt, you can create a DB structured relationship
> between sensor and FoI only with an InsertObservation (in the series table),
> is it true?

Yes, that is right.

> 2- The SensorML standard permits to specify sensor’s location in different
> manners: I’m interested in the verbose description way, but it seems to be
> unsupported yet; is it right?

That's right. A verbose description way is not yet supported.

Best,
Carsten
_______________________________________________
SWE mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/swe
http://sensorweb.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines